We are not wedding planners. We are just experienced professional celebrants who really
enjoy celebrating marriages and most of all we know Magnetic Island. We would love to hear from you.

How overseas couples can get married on Magnetic Island, Australia

Anyone in the world can be married on Tropical North Queensland's Magnetic Island. It does not matter if you are from a country other than Australia.

Ok, let us assume you are from an overseas country and you have decided to be married in Australia.

1.    Choose the location for your wedding. Magnetic Island would be an excellent choice. Click here for more informatiuon about Magnetic Island or Google 'Magnetic Island' both web & images.

2.    Find an authorised marriage celebrant who is just right for you. Do a Google Search for; ‘Magnetic Island Celebrants’ or ‘Celebrants Magnetic Island’. Contact the celebrants to find out which one is right for you and who is available for your chosen date & time, next...

3.    Complete & Lodge your Notice of Intended Marriage. Click here for a copy
You will need your passport and, if you have one, your birth certificates (originals) Note: because you are from an overseas country a passport will do but the government would like us to see your birth certificate if possible; and evidence that any prior marriage has been dissolved by either death or divorce.

Note: Within 18 months of your proposed marriage, and no later than one month and one day prior to it, you must give a completed Notice of Intended Marriage form to the authorised marriage celebrant who is to conduct your marriage ceremony. All marriage celebrants should have the necessary paper work to perform your marriage.

A Notice of Intended Marriage form signed outside Australia must be signed in the presence of any one of the following:

    * an Australian Diplomatic Officer;
    * an Australian Consular Officer;
    * a notary public;
    * an employee of the Commonwealth authorised under para 3(c) of the Consular Fees Act 1955;
    * an employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorised under para 3(d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955.

Ok, you have completed the Notice.

Next, all you have to do is simply forward the original to your celebrant, keep a photocopy for your files just in case, and remember to attach photocopies of the picture page of your passport and if applicable birth certificates & divorce or death certificates, in English.

4.    Now Click here  & follow the links for further information to assist you with your planning, and explore the blog.

If you need help or other information feel free to email the team. Or contact your chosen celebrant. We look forward to hearing from you, and congratulations on your forthcoming marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment